Newton Le Willows Station
Newton Le Willows station originally opened in 1845. During the 1960’s and 1970’s passenger traffic declined. However, with growing local populations and residential developments, in 2015 Mersey Rail proposed the station be developed into an interchange station.
A new south ticket hall was constructed with glass balustrade staircases providing access from ground level to platform level. As part of the redevelopment Chromatica supplied and installed LED handrail luminaires.
In addition, a central battery system operates connected luminaires at 100% light output for a period of upto 3 hours in the event of a mains failure.
• 80 x RL648.ASY.WH.MD Chromatica LED handrail luminaires
• 1 x CHR.CBS.300VA Central Battery System
• 1 x CHR.PSU.652 Chromatica power supply unit
• Handrail supply and install by bridge fabricator