As part of an initiative to illuminate many of Colchester’s historical structures, Chromatica have illuminated Colchester Castle.
The Castle lighting scheme is illuminated using fixed white LED Uplighters, RGB colour change Uplighters and linear rail systems below the Castle drawbridge approach.
White luminaires operate at 18 – 30V DC, negating the need for deep burial of 230V cabling and the disturbing effect this may have on the historic archaeology of the site. Chromatica power supply units are located in a cupboard at the end of the castle drawbridge approach.
For more information on RGB colour changing, please see our “artwork section”
• 37 x UPL200.WH Chromatica LED Uplighter luminaire – fixed white
• 9 x UPL200.RGB Chromatica LED Uplighter luminaire – RGB colour change
• 13 x RL648.80D.WH.MD Chromatica LED handrail luminaires.
• 2 x CHR.PSU. SPE1 Special 30V DC Chromatica LED power supply units and DMX RGB LED drivers.
• 1 x RGB controller DMX controller unit.
• Luminaire ground support tube install by Civil Contractor.
• Luminaire install and commission by Chromatica.
• All 230V works by M & E Contractor.