Colchester Balkerne Gate
As part of an initiative to light many of Colchester’s historical structures, Chromatica have illuminated Colchester’s Balkerne Gate.
To illuminate the Roman time entrance into the walled city, UP200 fixed white LED Uplighters are used to highlight the rich texture of the roman walls.
Luminaires operate at 18 – 30V DC, negating the need for deep burial of 230V cabling and the disturbing effect this may have on the historic archaeology of the site. Chromatica power supply units are located stainless steel, ground mounted flush gear boxes.
• 22 xUPL250.24.WH.ASY.SQ.24VDC Chromatica LED Uplighter luminaire – fixed white
• 2 x CHR.PSU. SPE1 Special flush finished, ground mounted, Chromatica LED power supply units.
• Luminaire ground support tube install by Civil Contractor.
• Luminaire install and commission by Chromatica.
• All 230V works by M & E Contractor.